About Me

My photo
My name is Crystal and I decided to do a blog to talk about my struggle with Lyme Disease, what helped and didn't help, and to share how important it is what we put into our bodies. I just recently updated new information. Through my 3+ year illness I learned so many things that I would love to share with you! I found a good fit for me was an 80% raw diet, gluten free, and detox, detox along with treatments. I want to see you feeling good and living your true potential so you can live your dreams! Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor. The information on this blog is based on research, conversations with others in the health industry,and my own personal experiences. If your seeking a formal medical diagnosis, or contemplating any major dietary change, I suggest you speak with a health care provider.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Sweet Tooth Without The Guilt

Crystal's Quinoa Dreams





Made my famous quinoa cookies the other night for some friends and they loved them! No guilt because their is no sugar and gluten-free too! Try them for yourself!

1/2 cup          Brown Rice Syrup or Raw Blue Agave
1/3 cup          Coconut Crystals
1/2 cup          Coconut Butter
1/2 tsp           Vanilla
1-2                 Eggs(optional)
1/2 cup          Almond Meal Flour (can substitute other gluten free flours instead of tapioca or almond meal like all purpose baking flour, or Sorghum flour which is a sweet white flour) Just use 1 cup total of flours.
1/2 cup          Tapioca Flour
3/4 cup          Quinoa Flakes
1 tsp              Baking Soda
1/4 tsp           Salt
1/2 cup          Raw Walnuts( or other nuts)
1/2 cup          Organic Raisins(optional)
(can add goji berries if you like too!)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat brown rice syrup, coconut crystals, coconut butter, and vanilla in medium bowl until creamy. 1-2 eggs added for creamier mix which creates flatter, bigger cookies. Combine Almond Meal Flour, Tapioca Flour, Quinoa Flakes, Baking Soda and salt in small bowl. Add to mixture and beat until well blended. Then add nuts and raisins. Drop rounded balls on lightly greased cookie sheet.   Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool one min before removing from cookie sheet. Yields over 1 dozen cookies. Everyone who tries these cookies always asks for the recipe!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment